Thursday, May 25, 2017

Fiscal assessment leads to violence

Mr. Jacobs said Mr. Gianforte became agitated when asked about the Congressional Budget Office’s new fiscal assessment of the legislation that House Republicans have passed to repeal the Affordable Care Act.
...
“I’m sick and tired of you guys!” Mr. Gianforte can be heard saying on the recording shortly after the sounds of a physical struggle and a crash. “The last time you came here you did the same thing. Get the hell out of here. Get the hell out of here.”
Mr. Jacobs responded: “You just body-slammed me and broke my glasses.”
...
After the incident, Mr. Jacobs had journalism on his mind during a telephone interview from the Bozeman hospital where he was getting an X-ray on his elbow.
“Wait till my piece goes up,” he asked before getting off the phone. “Don’t scoop me on this.”

No comments:

Post a Comment